Sunday, September 21, 2014

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Life 101

Today was a good day for my heart. Sundays always make my heart happy. I get to go to church, be with my family all day, play with my nephew and niece, and just take it easy. Easy like Sunday morning, ika nga ni Tito Lionel Richie.
Coffee and Stroopwaffles For One
instagram.com/laurapas
But during today's church service, I was reminded of Romans 8:28, and the promise of God's sovereign power that brought me such inexplainable peace and joy. I drew such comfort from this one verse, this one sentence:

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God, and are called according to his purpose for them." (New Living Translation)

He knew I needed to hear that again. He knew it would do my soul good. It was refreshing.

Right now, you may be feeling so confused that you don't even know how to begin to address your concerns to God in prayer, or maybe have given up altogether and no longer even bother to pray. Stay strong! Stay connected. Connected to God, to family, to friends. I hope this verse can also offer you assurance and peace in knowing that God's got your back, especially if you are at a point where you are trying to figure out life. That's where I am right now. I know the struggle--it's very real!

But let us not forget--
God causes everything to work together.  
Six words that can spell out miracles.

Happy Sunday!

Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment