Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Challenge Accepted, Challenge Completed

Accepted the challenge extended by Lormaigne Bockmuhl and Kelly Knight.
Nominated Mico Panis, Jessica Zaksek, and our dance teacher, Chelo Gemina! 
Okay, okay-- I caved. I did say I was going to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge if nominated, and I got challenged twice! But, I didn't get to do the "better alternative" I talked about in my last post, which kind of sucks since I now feel as if I'm just one of the many people who hopped on the ice bucket bandwagon. Don't judge me, huhu!


Then again, I did have fun filming this and actually going through with the challenge. Although the water wasn't freezing, the amount of H20 that poured over my head was what I reacted to in the video. Mejo madami din pala, hahaha.

My parents found the video so entertaining when they saw it on Facebook. My mom, especially, was strangely proud--she shared my video on her own wall and captioned it:

Hahaha oh, mother!
I have to note what my dad also mentioned when he learned about the mechanics of the challenge and which cause/association the donations are going to. He thought it was clever that something as silly as pouring a bucket of water over your head has already generated millions of dollars for the ALS Association. But as a physician, he said that this type of challenge should also cater to what the healthcare in the Philippines needs the most. He explained that yes, ALS is terrible and the research for it is underfunded, but at least in the Philippines, there are other health problems that inflict more Filipinos and that also need more funding. Makes sense.

So yeah, there ya go.
See y'all later this week with another new post--hopefully!

Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment