Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: It's A Girl Thing!

Hello, people of the internet! I am stoked to kick off our first Top Ten Tuesday! This week's post is a list of my own top ten items that I have to have in my wardrobe, plus a few non-clothing accessories. I will be doing a separate list on beauty products, so you won't be seeing those in this particular list.

I actually had a difficult time narrowing these items down to ten, because as a girl, I feel like I need EVERYTHING in my closet, haha! But here they are, the top ten girl essentials I personally have to have:

(10) Sweatpants or Yoga Pants 
Whether it’s a lazy Saturday or an errand-running kind of Monday, sometimes we just gotta put our comfort first. However, I found that this wardrobe staple made more sense to me when I was in the states. It would always be a little cool in our townhouse back in Missouri, so I would use either sweatpants or my favorite yoga pants whenever I just lounged around at home, or when I didn’t have time to get all dressed up for class in the morning. Now that I’m back in hot and sunny Manila, I realized that I actually have not worn either of these clothing items because I would get way too warm if I do. I think if you live in the Philippines, it makes more sense to have running shorts (or just any kind of shorts, really) as a wardrobe essential instead of sweatpants!

(9) Plain White Sneakers
Now, this isn’t necessarily a top item for every girl. I actually know someone who despises wearing sneakers! But for me, my plain white sneakers have always been the perfect go-to shoes whenever I wanna pull off the cute but comfy look. White sneaks look totes adorbs with shorts, sundresses, rompers, jeans, you name it!

It was my trusty pair of white sneakers that I mostly used
when I went around the world with Semester at Sea last year!
I literally wore it everywhere, no matter what the outfit!

(8) Lip Balm
Because girl, chapped lips don’t look cute on anybody. EOS lip balm eggs are my favorite kind! I am obsessed.

I once bought a whole pack of EOS eggs on Amazon.com because I was that obsessed..
Plus, Amazon had a good deal. YOLO

(7) Perfume
More than just smelling pretty the whole day, I really like it when people I know and are close to have their “signature scent”. I automatically associate the scent with the person, and if I get a whiff of it elsewhere, I instantly get reminded of that person which is nice. Currently, I wear the Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy. I fell in love with this scent the first time I came across it in 2010. I have been wearing it ever since!

I got hooked on Juicy Couture scents, but eventually just stuck with Viva La Juicy, the one on the left with the pink bow. The one in the middle is called Couture Couture, while the one on the right is Peace, Love, and Juicy. 

(6) Pearls (Earrings And/Or Necklace)
Adding this to a blah outfit instantly adds a touch of sass and a whole lot of class! Whether you are going to a picnic, a job interview, or a ball, pearl earrings are a safe staple to have.
(5) White Polo + Black Dressy Pants
This is kind of cheating since these are two items, but this is my blog sooooo I get the last say. Hah! Polos and black pants go really well together as a power outfit, but can also do wonders when paired with other items of clothing. For example, a white polo worn with a casual pair of dark denim shorts would look super cute! And those black dressy pants could look totally fab with a sleeveless gold top. Just sayin'.

(4) A Hair Tie/Scrunchie
Again, this isn’t applicable to all girls, since not all girls have tie-able hair. But I personally cannot leave the house without a tie either already in my hair, or wrapped around my wrist. There will be instances where you just cannot whip that hair back and forth. Tie that hair and work that updo!

(3) Strapless Bra or Bandeau 
Unless the straps of your bra are super cute or are color coordinated with your top, bra straps should not be seen when wearing tank tops or spaghetti strapped tops. Investing in a strapless bra can make a world of a difference to your wardrobe. You can also opt for a bandeau instead, for those sheer tops you’ve got lying around.

(2) Black Pumps
Black heels can quickly turn casual into classy. Black is the safest color if you are going to invest in really good pumps since it can go with anything. Doesn’t hurt that it also adds to your height! Wink.

(1) The Little Black Dress
Duh. You saw this coming. You can never go wrong with owning a simple black dress. The beauty is in the classic black look, and the elegance is in the simplicity. 

Black pumps - check!
Little black dress - check!
That's it! As I've said, I found it challenging to narrow the list down to ten. I have a couple more stuff I had wanted to include (like cashmere sweaters, red flats, statement necklaces, to name a few) but I guess the ones that did make it to my 3T (Top Ten Tuesday) are the items that I would prioritize if I had been given an order to only pick out my favorite girl fashion essentials!

What's on your list? :)

Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment