Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sassy Saturday: The Red, Black, and Stripes

Hooray! My first Sassy Saturday post! Today, I will feature my #ootd this past Friday:

As you can see, I am still very much into my plain white sneakers! I still wear them all the time. I paired my striped shorts with a plain black tank top so as not to "overpattern-ize" the whole look. If you wear something patterned, be it a top or a bottom, it's best to counter it with something plain. Go easy on the patterns when putting together an outfit, unless that's your style, of course! Other people may prefer "louder" outfits, and that's perfectly okay! I guess I am just not that adventurous when it comes to my clothes, hehe.

The red belt in my outfit was actually added at the last minute. I was set on wearing just the black top and the striped shorts as they were, but I found the shorts too loose as it kept sliding down my waist. A black belt would have worked, but I thought this outfit could use a pop of color. Hence, the red belt! I have always loved how well black and red go together (waddup Acts Manila colors!) so I put the red belt on and voila! I think the pop of red added a bit more sass to the look!

For accessories, I put on some dangling earrings which you cannot unfortunately see, and a long silver charm necklace. I had a more difficult time choosing a necklace because of the neckline of the tank top. I saw a guideline somewhere on the Internet that tells you which necklace works best with which t-shirt/top necklines. But I just finally decided on this long charm necklace because I personally liked the way it reached just where the shorts rested on my waist. At least, I felt like it worked!
Black tank top from Calvin Klein (c/o my sister, Angel)
Striped shorts from Forever 21
White sneakers from H&M
Red belt from Fudge Rock (located in ATC)
Earrings from Broadway Gems
Long charm necklace --gift from a friend
I originally put on a silver charm bracelet watch. It looked cute, but I felt it was too much accessories already, especially with all the charms dangling around my wrist. So I ended up taking off the watch. Gotta know when to tone it down!
With some of my favorite girls from Acts Manila ballet!
(Note: My belt missed a hoop on the right side of my shorts, so please do not mind the
awkwardness that is happening on that side of my outfit, lol)
Alrighty there ya go, my first sassy post for my Sassy Saturday segment!
I hope you liked it!

Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment