Thursday, August 14, 2014

Genesis

Hello, everyone, and welcome to my new space-- Love, Laura

I am Laura, 23, Filipina-- coffee drinkin', ballet dancin', chocolate lovin', Jesus followin'. Fresh graduate of Westminster College, and still finding my way through the tangles of the real world. In the meantime, I have decided to devote some time to do more writing, hence this blog!

I have had multiple blogs in the past, but have always struggled to keep them updated. My history with blogging traces all the way back to when Xanga was cool. Huh, Xanga? What the heck is that? Exactly. I've also tried LiveJournal during my high school years, and then switched to Wordpress when I was in college. Finally, last year, I chose to go with Blogspot to document my study abroad experience with Semester at Sea.

So, yes, I have had my share of blog sites, but I am so excited for this new one because I have already planned out some ideas that will hopefully make this blog fun, trendy, and constantly updated! Here's a sneak preview of what you can expect to find on Love, Laura:

Top Ten Tuesday
Every Tuesday, I will be listing my top ten items of a certain category. For example, my top ten beauty products of the month, OR my top ten movies of all time. Hopefully, I can get your guys' suggestions on what category I should do every week!

Whatever Wednesday
Some Wednesdays will be dedicated to any random post I would like to put up. ANYTHING at all. Something funny, something thoughtful, something encouraging, something annoying. It's...whatever!

Travel Thursday
This is when I'll be taking you with me to reminisce some of my favorite travel destinations I have been to, and share my travel experiences!

Sassy Saturday
Saturdays will be more about fashion and beauty. This can include #ootd, makeup tutorials (not too sure about this one yet since I am in no way a beauty guru haha), morning/night routines, etc!

Life 101
Life 101 will focus on the spiritual aspects of life (yehes). I'm thinking maybe I could share a devotion or something new I learned in church. This could also maybe run as an advice column! We shall see!

There you have it, folks! Hopefully these ideas will keep me motivated to constantly keep this blog up and running. Disclaimer: Not all of these themes will be present in one week. Some weeks, there might be a Travel Thursday, but no Sassy Saturday, or there could be Top Ten Tuesday but no Whatever Wednesday. At least, for now, while this blog is still in its beginning stages. We'll see how things roll! Oh, and posts will start next week. :)

Cheers to new beginnings!

Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment