Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cyber Gold

ONLINE TREASURES

Not gonna lie--I sometimes feel that retail therapy is better than chocolates. Yup, I said it. And I'm not just talking about venturing out to malls and conquering stores one discount rack at a time. My real weakness is online shopping.

I learned to explore this beautiful realm on the Internet when I was living in the states and didn't have my own car. I would want to shop, but I couldn't exactly hop on over to the nearest mall without transportation. I clearly remember one of my friends, Tutu, who was also an international student and had the same car-less problem, telling me: "Why don't you just shop online?"

Such simple, yet incredibly eye-opening advice! (lol)

That same night, I signed up for the student membership on Amazon.com, and proceeded to buy season one of The Secret Life of the American Teenager (yep, Shailene Woodley pre-Tris), a box of chocolate turtles (I still don't know why I thought of buying that from a website and not just from a grocery store haha), and I believe a book I needed for school that was much cheaper on Amazon. I remember being SO nervous as I was typing my debit card details, thinking I might get scammed! But I went with it anyway, haha.

My package arrived a couple days later, and boy, the sense of accomplishment I felt was massive when I picked it up from the campus post office! 

The rest is history.

---

Now that I'm back in Manila, I visit more local online shops. I mean, I could still buy from Amazon.com, or Forever21.com, or wetseal.com, but it would cost me more as I am now halfway across the world and would have to pay extra for international shipping fees.

Thankfully, I've come across awesome and reliable websites here in Manila that give incredible sales with their wide selection of "stuff"! Below are some of my recent finds aka my online treasures:

Lazada.com.ph offered me a Php200 voucher just for signing up for their newsletter! They've got an extensive collection of anything and everything: men and women's fashion, electronics and gadgets, toys for children, home appliances, and the list goes on. LAZADA pretty much like Amazon, which is pretty much amazing.

Lazada.com

And if you're like me and in the constant search for anything sassy and classy, don't skimp out on exploring ZALORA. I've often browsed through this site before and found great discounts especially now with Zalora's Chinese New Year Sale! I got so giddy when I saw they were slashing off up to 80% off! One of the dresses I've been eyeing for a while now has gone down from Php1,099 to Php659. Best believe i'll be taking it!

Zalora.com

I have always heard of MetroDeal.com, but I never really got to survey it until recently. And geez, have I been missing out! Labeled as "The Philippines' #1 Online Shopping Mall", it's easy to see why. METRO DEAL is quite literally an online mall. Discounts are offered on restaurants, boutiques, travel getaways, health and wellness services, etc. My officemates and I actually just purchased vouchers for boxing training at the Elorde Gym. From Php300+ a session, we were able to get a deal that lets us do one on one sessions with a trainer for an hour for only Php99 a session! What a steal.


These are just three of the many cool online stores out there that are HUGE on remarkable deals on da interwebz! As the digital age continues to progress at lightning speed, the possibilities of what we can discover in the cyber world are endless! What are some of your top shops online? Let me know of any other online treasures similar to these three I've mentioned!

Happy hunting, happy browsing, happy shopping!

Love,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Hi just dropping by :) I love Zalora! I bought earphones that went defective in less than one week and they replaced it -- three times! Until I decided to buy another brand.. Haha

    ReplyDelete