Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year's Real-solutions

What's up, 2015?! How YOU doin'?

I was never one to make New Year's Resolutions because I was never one to fully follow through when I do. Guilty.  But this year, I've decided to set some realistic resolutions that could also be considered faith goals. Here they are--my New Year's Real-solutions:

*Not ranked in any order

(1) Less time on social media.
Specifically, less Facebook. Not everything needs to be shared online. I will keep Twitter and Instagram more active, but I just personally feel Facebook be goin' all up in ma bidniz. Too public, even if I set my posts to "just friends".

(2) Start a budget planner.
This is more of a necessity than a resolution, really. I need to get my finances in order, and get smart with my spendings versus savings.


(3) Fill up (and finish) a "Thankful Jar".
A "Thankful Jar" is where you write on a piece of paper what you were thankful for for the day. The goal is to have 365 little notes of thanks and good vibes at the end of the year. I started one last year, but I only managed to go until day 34? Like, come on! Barely a month and a half! Lol. This year, I'm determined to make it til December 31, 2015!
Photo from Christine Trevino's blog

(4) Read more books.
Seriously, I will make time for luxury reading this year. I miss having my nose buried in books!
Photo from YIJ Group, Inc.
(5) Write often.
Doesn't matter if it's a blog post, a journal entry, or a scribble of thoughts on a post-it. I need to just. keep. writing.
http://intentfulgentleman.com/stop-complicating-life-just-bloody-write/
(6) Drive farther distances.
I once got ticketed twice in a span of 20 minutes. True story. That was also the day I got lost, taking C5 to go to Antipolo, and then finding myself in the middle of EDSA... Lololol let's not have that happen again in 2015, shall we? This year, I'm daring myself to become more street smart, literal na "street" smart haha, even if it means putting up with reckless and inconsiderate drivers in Manila. I gotta learn more routes, more shortcuts, and of course, avoid getting ticketed hahaha
I mean, really.
(7) No eating after 9pm.
Or maybe even 8pm? I've done it before, and I can do it again!
I've got serious snacking skillz. And they need to be stopped.
(8) Read the whole bible.
I am currently on the "One-Year-Bible" plan! Basically, it gives you a couple of verses from different books in the Bible every day, so that by the end of the year, you would have read the entire scripture.

(9) Dance, dance, dance!
Not limiting myself to classical ballet this 2015. Time to explore and enjoy other genres of dance. I'm personally wanting to do more lyrical hip hop! I am a huge fan of NappyTabs! If you don't know who they are, go on YouTube and type in NappyTabs. Now. (please)
One Love Ninja
(10) Start my own Victory Small Group
I've always wanted to lead my own group of girls and help them with their personal spiritual walks with God. Hopefully, I get to do that this year!

What about you? What are YOUR real-solutions for 2015? :)

Love,
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment